Alzheimer’s and dementia is a disease that is striking many elderly people, especially as the baby boomers begin to retire and age. Memory care facilities are increasingly becoming filled to capacity with people who suffer from Alzheimer’s and dementia. If you or a loved one has recently felt the burden of Alzheimer’s or dementia it is important you are educated about the memory care facilities and why memory care is such an important topic of today. Here are the top seven things your need to know about memory care specifically for people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.
1. Memory care costs more because it includes more comprehensive services.
Assisted living facilities like Baltimore Street Care Home are much more personal when treating Alzheimer’s than the standard run of the mill nursing home. Assisted living might cost more for memory care when treating Alzheimer’s or Dementia but the price is worth it. Loved ones that require these comprehensive assisted living services need delicate and personal staff to handle all their needs.
2. Memory care facilities are specifically for treating people with Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
Many nursing homes might offer some form of memory care, but memory care assisted living facilities offer specialized features such as a secure safe environment. This helps reduce the risk of wandering which is all to common with loved ones living with Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
3. Facilities like Baltimore Street Care Home have specialized programs to help reduce the anxiety associated with Alzheimer’s.
Each stage of the disease has different challenges that assisted living facilities specializing in memory care are equipped to handle.
4. Memory care facilities like Baltimore Street Care Home in Mesa, AZ. improve the safety and quality of life for people suffering from Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
The results of having your loved on in a specific memory care facility are fewer falls and injuries, eating regularly, and increased social interaction. The by product of this is improved mental functioning and quality of life.
5. Memory care serves families and care givers as well as those suffering from Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
Memory care assisted living is not just for the person suffering from Alzheimer’s but for their families or care giver’s as well. The staff at memory care facilities practice outreach and give helpful tips to the families of Alzheimer’s sufferers. And you have peace of mind that your loved one who is suffering from Alzheimer’s is receiving the treatment they need in a memory care facility.
6. Memory care facilities do not isolate people with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
No, not at all. In fact Baltimore Street Care Home as well as other memory care facilities provide a community for people with Alzheimer’s. They also provide different therapeutic activities to help not only stimulate the mind but the body as well.
7. Research is paramount when choosing a memory care facility for your loved one with Alzheimer’s.
The old saying is “Don’t believe everything you read.” So don’t. Come check out Baltimore Street Care Home in Mesa, AZ. for yourself and see how We can help your loved one with Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
These are the most important things to consider when seeking a memory care facility for your loved one with Alzheimer’s.
Call Now for a Tour